Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Hot Caramel -- The Delectable Winter Beverage!

I want to thank my blogging super-hero, Jo-Lynne Shane, for this recipe. Click on over to her wunderblog and read the recipe there ("Move over hot chocolate ... it's Hot Caramel!"). I kid you not; this is my new favorite drink.
I'm shamelessly lifting her photo and putting it here because hers is absolutely lovely, and to be honest ... I have by-passed the whipping cream and caramel drizzle on top, and my photos would show you only a little mug with a pale creamy liquid inside.

That is its disguise.

This beverage is Da-Bomb, as they say. Adam made up the caramel sauce for me. Of course he did, because that's what it means to have Adam living in the house with you. Things like caramel sauce appear on the counter before you can say "I need a hot creamy beverage that won't keep me up half the night!" The sauce is firm and creamy now, spoonable. And I can nuke a cup of milk, stir in a spoonful of the sauce, and ... tada!!! ... I have hot caramel drink.

I was weary of winter evenings, my knitting hands stiff with cold, longing to cup themselves around a warm mug of something to sip. But tea, coffee, cocoa ... they were all off-limits after about 5:00 PM. Sadness! Hot caramel has come to my rescue. It's rather like having warm milk before bed, to help you sleep. Yeah, I'll keep telling myself that!

Make up a batch of caramel and treat your family. You may never turn back.

3 comments:

magsmcc said...

Oooh, I think I'm nearly scared to look it up!

Pom Pom said...

Scrumptious! Your cook is awesome! I love hot chocolate these days. Jeff's mother-in-law gave me a jar of mix and it is SO good, so happy, so soothing!

Thistle Cove Farm said...

oh that looks wonderful. having trouble w/blogger or google or something. took me five minutes to get to your comment box.