Thursday, May 3, 2012

Joan's Crunchy Goodies

I've been meaning to return to these cookies and give you the recipe. They're simple, and oh-so very good. When they were on the table at the luncheon last Wednesday, my mother said, "Move those things away from me before I eat them all." So I moved them across, in front of Joan's place. When she returned to the table a few minutes later, she said, "Somebody please move these things away from me! I'm gonna eat the whole plate!" (Or something to that effect) Does that tell you something?

Crunchy Goodies

In a large Pyrex (or microwave safe) bowl, melt 4 ounces of Baker's white chocolate squares, and a 12-oz. bag of white chocolate chips. Melt until they are smooth and will be liquidy when you stir it. Then add: 1 cup of Capt. Crunch Peanut Butter Cereal, 1 cup of Rice Krispies cereal, 1 cup of Spanish peanuts, and 1 cup of crushed pretzels. Stir these in well, and then spoon out onto waxed paper in bite-sized portions. Place in the freezer until they are set well. These freeze and store well, and won't heat up your kitchen in the summer! The sweet/salty combination is fabulous.

No comments: